How To Apply Schengen Visa Application Online
Are you planning to travel to Europe and thinking about how to get a Schengen visa?
I know preparing for a trip and applying for a Visa can be too much of a hassle especially if you are a busy working mommy. Preparing for your family travel getaways can be a thrilling and overwhelming task sometimes.
I love to travel in Europe and I have applied for a Schengen visa three times already because Europe is one of my family’s favorite travel destinations on my travel bucket list. I’m excited to help you plan the best trips possible to ensure that you get into a hassle-free Schengen visa application online.
What are the Countries Included in Schengen Visa Application?
The Schengen visa includes 26 countries. A Schengen visa is a short stay visa allowing its holder to travel in the Schengen area.
Here are the countries that a Schengen visa covers and those countries that I have visited and checked off on my bucket list:
If you want to escape the bustling cities and enjoy the charming windmill village, Zaanse Schans is a typical traditional Dutch village that you must see. There are several things to do in Amsterdam and I will walk you through some places that my family and I visited in Amsterdam.
Visiting Italy is a bucket list entry for a lot of people and my duty here is to convince you to go so you can cross this one on your bucket list as well.
Italy is one of the best places in the world to visit with your loved ones. There’s no denying that this country offers great beauty and astounding memories with your loved ones. Here are some of the places that we visited in Italy.
Each town has its own special characteristics that you can truly admire.
Greece is a perfect destination to combine relaxation, sun, and fun.
If you’re thinking about planning a visit to Greece, permit me to convince you to do a side trip to visit Santorini. Check my beautiful photos and videos to convince you to include Greece on your travel bucket list.
You must really visit Belgium at least once in your lifetime. Not only because of those delicious Belgian chocolates and waffles but because of its incredible architecture and fairy-tale medieval and Christmas essence that you and your family will enjoy. You’ll definitely agree with me when you see these amazing cities that we visited in Belgium.
How I wish I could have more time to share with you my family travel experiences that I already checked off on my bucket list. However, I promise I’ll do it next time .
And here are the other Schengen Countries that are unchecked on my Schengen bucket list:
Slovenia, Switzerland, Hungary, Czech Republic, Austria, Lithuania, Portugal, Latvia, Iceland, Malta, Poland, Liechtenstein, and Slovakia.
Schengen Visa Application Requirements
- Firstly, you need to fill in the visa form accurately. This form has to be filled out by everyone who is traveling with you.
- Make sure that you have your valid passport that has two extra pages. Passport must be valid for at least six months beyond the period of intended stay in a foreign country.
- Prepare a passport size photograph that should not be more than 6 months old using a solid white background.
- Then a document with your personal details:
Schengen Visa Requirements Based On Applicant’s Employment Status:
- For employees:
- Employment contract.
- Current bank statement of the latest 6 months.
- Leave permission from the employer.
- Income Tax Return (ITR) form or Certificate of Income Tax deducted at the source of salary.
- For the self-employed:
- A copy of your business license.
- Company bank statement of the latest 6 months.
- Income Tax Return (ITR).
- For students:
- Proof of enrollment.
- No objection letter from School or University.
- For retirees:
- Pension statement of the latest 6 months.
- If unemployed and married to an EU citizen:
- Confirmation of Employment letter, no older than three months, from their spouse’s employer stating the position held within the company as well as the starting date.
- Spouse’s valid passport.
- An official marriage certificate.
- Next, payment details are needed, such as a credit or debit card or a valid PayPal Wallet.
- A bank statement from your bank is also required.
- Lastly, valid travel insurance is required to fulfill all the criteria of the visa application form at iVisa.com.
To take care of unexpected expenses that arise while traveling, here’s the Schengen Travel Insurance requirement.
Sure, traveling needs a lot of preparation, from drafting your itinerary, applying for a visa, travel insurance preparation, packing, etc. One of the main reasons I LOVE using this travel planner is to remove the travel prep hassle and allow me to budget for all aspects of my trip.
Additionally, planning in advance using this travel planner can help you save time, feel more accomplished, remove the travel overwhelmed, and make your travel experience unforgettable.
In response to coronavirus, check the Schengen Travel Restrictions.
📌Pin me for later!
More Travel Planning Resources:
How to plan for a perfect vacation?
Check out my travel planner to help you plan ahead, get organized with all the travel preparations you need.
How to plan a stress-free cruise?
Check my best 10 tips on how to plan a perfect cruise.
How to apply for a visa?
Check my 3 easy steps to get a visa online for travel lovers.
How to save for a trip?
Check my 40/10/50 rule on how to make a budget.
How to turn your travel dream into reality?
Try this 30-Day be your own boss challenge to turn your expertise into an income to design your future!
About Jeng Cua
After borrowing her lifestyle living paycheck to paycheck, this work from anywhere mom wouldn’t let anything stop her from chasing her dreams. Now, Jeng has achieved more than she ever imagined. Her mission is pretty simple – to help you love your life and family using her four distinct life systems.